A blog on gigs, music, art and London.

Monday 26 May 2008

Street Art at Tate Modern

I went along to Tate Modern on Sunday 25th to check out the Street Art exhibition which opened recently. They have used the facade of the building to present 6 large scale works by various international 'street' artists.

My first thought was that it was surprising they haven't done something like this before. Apparently it is the first major public museum display of street art in London.

Overall it worked pretty well I thought. One of the most impressive pieces (in my humble opinion) is by an artist from Barcelona that goes by the name of Sixeart (see his 'piece' below).

Another of my favourites was from Blu, an artist from Bolgna (see below). One of the key features of his art is his concentration on the internal workings of the human body, which was certainly evident in his piece in this exhibition. When you see it close up there is a lot of stuff going on it there....

Some more images.




There is a separate Street Art Walking Tour around the Bankside area, I didn't manage it this time but may come back to investigate. On a similar theme, at some point I will also try to check out The Cans Festival in Leake Street by Waterloo.

No comments: