A blog on gigs, music, art and London.

Saturday 31 May 2008

Alternative, esoteric, brilliant radio programmes

Two of my favourites radio programmes are Stuart Maconie's Freakzone on BBC 6 Music and Where's The Skill In That by Mark Russell & Robert Sandall, broadcast on Resonance FM.

Over the last couple of years I have discovered some tremendous music through these shows.

The music played is so brilliantly varied - modern classical, electronica, jazz, art-rock, leftfield indie, nu/pysch/alternative folk and all kinds of experimental stuff all get a look in (and that doesn't even get close to summarising it).

Whilst I am on the subject it would be slightly unfair not to mention Late Junction also, which is broadcast on BBC Radio 3. Another brilliant show, the only problem these days is that it is on too late in the evening (proof I am getting old I guess). They play a nice mix of classical, world, jazz and electronica. As soon as the sound comes back to my PC I will be using the Listen Again function.

Go check them all out!

Stuart Maconie's Freakzone is broadcast on Sundays 17:00-20:00 on BBC 6 Music
Where's The Skill In That is broadcast on Wednesdays 21:00-22:00 on Resonance FM.
Late Junction is broadcst on Tues-Thurs 23:15-01:00 on BBC Radio 3.

No comments: