A blog on gigs, music, art and London.

Friday 20 February 2009

Walking London - Holborn to Wimpole Street

I have decided to take more interesting routes into work each morning and thought I would document them on my blog. I work in central London, on Wimpole Street. I thought it would be a good idea to take advantage of such a central location and get off at different tube stations and walk it in each morning.

My usual route would be to take the central line from Leyton to Bond Street. Recently I have been getting off two stops earlier and walking in from Tottenham Court Road, via the streets of Fitzrovia.

On Friday I got off at Holborn and walked it in. I started on High Holborn before switching on to Shaftesbury Avenue. I walked past the Curzon Soho cinema before taking a right on to Frith Street. Next I walked along Old Compton Street (passing the lovely Patisserie Valerie) before reaching Wardour Street. I then cut through on to Berwick Street past the market as the traders were setting up their stalls. I then moved on to Broadwick Street before crossing over Carnaby Street, walking through Hanover Square and eventually reaching work.

Total walking time was 25 minutes and 50.5 seconds.

Soundtrack was ‘Fordlandia’ by Johann Johannsson and ‘Luminarium’ by Tape.

No comments: