A blog on gigs, music, art and London.

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Bleeding Heart Narrative, CAMP Basement, 25/04/12


Back at the end of April I went to see Bleeding Heart Narrative at CAMP Basement. I was tired, and it was raining heavily but I was glad I ventured out  – both to see the band and the venue. There weren’t many people at CAMP – around 40 or so, but there were a lot of other gigs on that night.

I find them a difficult band to pin down in terms of sound. I hear hints of Arcade Fire and maybe even Interpol (certainly live) but with a suffusion of strings/drone. They sounded tight tonight, and played with a real energy (mainly tracks from 2011’s Bison EP I think). I’d been enjoying their Tongue Tangled Hair album in the lead up to this show.
 
Haeligewielle, the album released last year by frontman Oliver Barrett under the name of Petrels was one of my favourite albums from 2011. It was disappointing to miss his show at Cafe Oto the week later.


No comments: